Some of the main tasks of the person who will take on this position include:
- Monitoring student attendance and helping to work towards a student daily attendance rate greater than 95%.
- Working as part of the GMS team to obtain student success in non-academic areas of development.
- Assisting in the admission of new students.
- Be the key staff person assisting with identifying prospective students in the community.
- Planning and organizing after school enrichment opportunities for students based on interests and strengths.
- Providing access to external support programs and counseling services.
- Providing support to classroom teachers in dealing with the individual educational needs of each student.
- Preparing individual, non-academic development plans for students.
- Helping deliver summer programming based on student needs and interests.
- Liaising with families of students to ensure active parent engagement.
- Visiting with parents to ensure students’ needs are being met.
- Serving as a mentor to students and front line support to parents.
- Coordinating the professional adult – student mentoring program*
- Assisting staff in offering care and concern for the whole person.
- Assisting students with transitioning to high school and post-secondary studies
- Maintaining contact with, monitoring and providing ongoing support to students and families after graduation.
* An Adult/Professional – Student Mentorship program will be established when students are proceeding through Grade 7. More information will be made available when the program is being established.